Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Beginning

Family and friends, welcome to my new blog, “A Wonderful Providence”! I’m happy you’re here.

I’m not a stranger to blogging, but I haven’t successfully launched a public blog before. Why attempt it now? Good question. Not because I feel the blogosphere lacks for twenty-something graduate students sharing their wisdom on the latest issues of controversy (!). Or that my daily life is so interesting that you simply can't be spared the details. No. Rather, I hope it can just be a way to let my family, many of whom are farther-flung than I’d like, get a clearer idea of what I’m doing and why. (And, who knows, perhaps I’ll gain a clearer idea in the process!)

Will this, then, be a “theology blog”? I don’t think so. Obviously, studying theology is a big part of my life, so I expect to write about it sometimes. And when I do, I hope to write in a way that’s comprehensible – so that you can, in some sense, get it, even if it’s not your cup of tea. (If I can’t explain how what I’m doing for a living matters -- in whatever small way -- for the church and the world, then I think I have some hard thinking to do.) But, if that stuff’s boring to you (what? I can't imagine!), please, by all means, scroll past those posts!

To start with, I’m deliberately keeping the bar a bit low; I’ll try to post around twice a week. And I imagine my goals for the blog might shift as I gain a sense of my “readership” and what’s interesting for you guys. But my ultimate aim is simply for this to be a fun way to stay connected, in more depth than something like Facebook really allows. And also to show how “a wonderful Providence” (see the Samuel Rutherford quote to the side there – a delightful old Scottish preacher) continues to be at work in my life.

Do feel free to post comments. Click on the blue "Comments" link below. If you choose the "anonymous" option, though, please be sure to include your initials, goofy nickname, etc. so that I know who it is. :)

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful and providential idea. I especially love your sweet curly-haired avatar. Looking forward to keeping up with you in a new way (if I can figure out how to be part of a "blogging system". Love ya, AJ

    ReplyDelete