Friday, April 13, 2012

Worship and emotion...thoughts?

Here's something I've been thinking about for awhile. This isn't a "here's what's going on in my life" post, and it's more introspective than I envision most of my posts being; but I know that if any of my Christian friends have thoughts along these lines, I'd be glad to hear them.

For you, what kind of relationship is there between worship and emotion? That is, on a typical Sunday in church, how much do your feelings correspond to what is taking place in worship? How much should they correspond? From your perspective, is worship more of a subjective experience, or more objective, or does neither of those words really suffice?

I'm trying to choose my words carefully, but if what I'm asking is unclear, please let me know. And if nobody answers, whether here or "off-blog," that's quite okay too. It's just something I've been musing over for some time; and while I might follow this up with more personal thoughts, I'm not going to use this space to declare a right or wrong answer, and certainly not as a platform for theological debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment